Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd is the leading Southern Africa Warehousing, Sales and Distribution of TV, Satellite, Audio, and Electrical products and accessories, to both the residential and commercial sectors.
Determining our strategic direction
Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd has reviewed and analyzed key aspects of itself to determine the strategic direction of the company. This involves:
- Understanding our core services, and the scope of the Business management system.
- Identifying “interested parties” (customers, regulatory, employees etc.) who receive our Services and products or who may be impacted by them, or those parties who may otherwise have a significant interest in our company. These parties are identified in the document Risk & Opportunities Register.
- Understanding internal and external issues that are of concern to Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd and its interested parties; also, identified in the document Risk & Opportunities Register. Many such issues are identified through an analysis of risks facing either Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd or the interested parties. Such issues are monitored and updated as appropriate and discussed as part of management reviews.
Top management then uses this information to determine the company’s strategic direction. This is defined in records of management review, and annually updated as conditions and situations change
The following were determined not to be applicable to Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd.
Clause 8.3 Design and development of products and services.
Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd is a service and product provider, which the product has been designed and developed by another source, there is no design activity carried out by the organization.
This policy will be communicated to all parties in the performance of our Business Management System and will be made available on the company webpage, notice boards and will be part of the yearly company Induction program.
Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd performs its work with the highest professional ethics, avoiding conflicts of interest, and striving to improve the profession through good works and professional responsibility. Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd will present full truth in its advertising and services, to ensure total client confidence.
Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd offer value-added services that are highly competitive and offer opportunities for true value to our customers.
Health, Safety, Environment, & Quality
Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd has implemented a Business Management System that meets the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 45001: 2018 and all other legal requirements related to our Business scope of work.
Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd provides the highest level of quality to its clients, by analyzing each client’s needs and providing appropriate service to fully satisfy those needs. For all services, Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd will endeavor to provide its services without interruption of the client’s normal operations.
The management of Ellies Electronics (Pty) Ltd are striving for excellence in all we do and recognize the impact that our activities may have on people, interested parties, Health and safety and the environment.
As per the Occupational Health and Safety Act. 85 of 1993: Our aim is to provide for the health and safety of persons at work, implement and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, the activities of the company in such a manner, to prevent harm or damage to any person and property respectfully.
Therefore, each Ellies Employee must take reasonable care for their own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Safety, health and protection of the environment will form an integral part of our planning and decision making. We will manage our company, wherever we do business, in an ethical way that strikes an appropriate and well-reasoned balance between economic, social and environmental needs.
We are committed to:
- Conducting our business with respect and care for people and the environment
- Responsible utilization of natural resources
- Adopt a safety, health, environmental and quality policy that meets the needs of its people and interested parties
- Manage safety, health, environmental and quality risks in a manner that meets applicable legal requirements
- Operate our facilities in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner
- Instill a culture throughout all levels of the organization to continually identify, reduce and manage health, safety, environmental and quality risks
- Continually improving our safety, health and environmental performance
- Complying, as a minimum, with all applicable legal and other agreed requirements
- Promoting dialogue with stakeholders about safety, health and environmental performance
- Work toward our goal of zero accidents, injuries and harm to the human health and the environment
- Audit and Evaluate performance against policies, standards and procedures and report
- Satisfying customer, legal and other requirements
- To control risks through risk based thinking
- To participate and involve workers
The implementation and continual improvement of the Business Management System based on the OHS Act, ISO 9001 and all other required legislation and require that all employees to work according to the system, procedures, authorities, and responsibilities contained in the documented system.
Our objectives will be focused at minimising:
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage
- Unplanned Interruptions to Operations or Processes
- Non-conformance to Legislation, Codes, and Standards
- Ground, air, and water pollution that may be caused by waste materials and procedures resulting from our business activities
- Customer Complaints
The organization shall meet statutory and regulatory requirements as part of its day-to-day business activities.
Objectives and targets have been established at functional levels within the organization in order to monitor continual improvement.
The objectives and targets are reviewed by Management on a regular basis in order to identify opportunities for improvement and any need for changes to the Business Management System.