Corporate Environmental Policy
The Ellies Environmental Management System was developed in accordance with ISO 14001 standard, with the support of Senior Management. Ellies is ISO 9001:2015 certified, and believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
The commitment to reduce environmental impact and continually improving environmental performance is an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our precedence to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy extends to:
- Completely support and comply with the requirements of National Environmental Management Act.
- Minimise our waste and recycle where practical
- Minimise energy and water usage in our operations in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources.
- As far as reasonably practicable purchase products and services that have the minimum impact to the environment and encourage our stakeholders to do the same.
- Research the environmental impact and conduct life cycle analysis of processes or products we wish to introduce in our operations to ensure they have minimum environmental impact, whilst assuming a cautious move towards sustainability.
- Continuously improve on energy and water usage, air and water emissions, waste management, noise and light pollution as a result of our operations to ensure minimum impact to the environment and the local community.
- Continuously research best practice in order to stay relevant in our industry and ensure minimum environmental impact.
- Continuously monitor our environmental impact and publicly report on our performance when required.
- Conduct internal audits and annual review meetings to ensure that performance is measured and monitored; and set improved targets and objectives.
- Provide appropriate resources to fulfil these objectives.
- Board of Directors to demonstrate leadership commitment by leading and playing an active role in some environmental initiatives.